(as of Dec 03,2021 14:33:55 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Vinny’s Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
Porterhouse steaks are basically oversize T-bones and are meant to serve two people—or one very hungry person. To hit the porterhouse designation, the cut has to have a tenderloin section that’s 1¼ inches at its widest point. Look for a good marbling of white fat, especially in the loin section, and avoid cuts with yellow fat.
1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
2. Rub the steaks with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season them generously with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the white wine and the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Using the rosemary sprigs as basters, baste the steaks on both sides with the wine mixture.
5. Grill the steaks, flipping them once, until they’re seared on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes in total (125°F internal temperature) for medium rare.
6. Serve. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes, then divide them between four plates, and serve them with lemon wedges.
Tip: Make sure your rosemary sprigs are fresh and have lots of needles on the end to create the perfect flexible marinade mop. Older rosemary sprigs will be stiffer and will impart less flavor to the steaks
PER SERVING: Macronutrients: Fat: 71%; Protein: 26%; Carbs: 3% Calories: 569; Total fat: 45g; Total carbs: 0g; Fiber: 0g; Net carbs: 0g; Sodium: 238mg; Protein: 35g
INGREDIENTS: 2 Bone-in Porterhouse Steaks (1 inch thick) 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper 1/2 Cup White Wine 2 Rosemary Sprigs Lemon Wedges, For Serving
Publisher : Rockridge Press (September 24, 2019)
Language : English
Paperback : 256 pages
ISBN-10 : 1641524820
ISBN-13 : 978-1641524827
Item Weight : 1.45 pounds
Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.1 inches