Listening to your Spotify music through the official Windows 10 app Spotify is an easy way to enjoy your favorite playlists and tracks without any additional devices.
How to Download Spotify App
While the official Spotify Windows app initially needed to be downloaded from the Spotify site, it has since been upgraded to a modern Windows 10 app available for download from the Microsoft Store.
Apart from being easier for the average user to find, the modern Spotify app also benefits from Microsoft Store technology, allowing it to automatically download updates for itself in the background and stay up-to-date.
- Open the Microsoft Store app store by selecting its icon in your Start Menu. It looks like a white shopping bag with four colored boxes on the front.
- In the Microsoft Store, type Spotify into the search bar in the upper-right corner, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- You will be shown various applications as a result of your search. Select the green icon named Spotify Music.
- Selecting Spotify Music will take you to the store page within the Microsoft Store. Select the blue Get to download the Spotify app.
- Windows 10 will automatically install apps and notify you via system notification once they are ready to use. Installation only takes a few minutes.
Sign in on the Spotify App Windows 10
- Open the Spotify Music app on your Windows 10 device.
- The app will display a screen with options to register or login. Select Login.
- The next screen will give you the option to log in via Facebook, your Spotify email, or your username and password. If you have previously linked your Spotify account to your Facebook account, select Sign In With Facebook. Otherwise, enter your username or associated email address and your password, then select the green Sign in.
Creating a New Account on the Spotify App
If you’ve never used Spotify before or want to have a separate account when using the app on your Windows 10 computer or tablet, you can create a new Spotify account for free within the app. Here’s how:
- Open the Windows 10 Spotify app.
- You will be presented with a welcome screen. Select green Sign Up Free.
- Enter your email address, password, nickname, date of birth and gender, then select the green color Join Spotify. If you have a Facebook account, you can select Join Facebook to create a Spotify account.
Notes: If you have linked your Facebook account to a Spotify account before, you will not be able to use this option.
Thanks For Visit
Spotify is free to use but those who want a more hassle-free experience may want to try upgrading their account to Spotify Premium.
Spotify Premium is a paid monthly subscription that costs $9.99 per month; Some of the benefits include:
- No in-app banner ads or audio ads when listening to music on Spotify.
- Ability to download music for offline listening.
- Skip unlimited songs.
- Higher quality audio.
To upgrade to Spotify Premium from within the Windows 10 app, select Upgrade at the top of the screen next to your name. You will open the Spotify Premium webpage in the Microsoft Edge internet browser on your device, which provides more details about the Premium service and has the option to opt-in to a paid monthly subscription.
Spotify Cortana Voice Command
These are the commands Cortana is asking to understand and respond to.
- “Play music (genre) on Spotify.”
- “Play some (artist name) on Spotify.”
- “Play my (playlist name) playlist on Spotify.”
- “Hey, Cortana, what’s playing?”
- “Play my tracks on Spotify.”
- “Play (mood/feeling) music on Spotify.”
Thanks For Visit