In this article I will discuss how to solve No HDMI Audio Device is Detected in Windows 10. The best feature of High-Definition Multimedia Interface or HDMI is that you can use a large screen TV as a monitor for your Windows 10 device.
But some Windows 10 users have complained about the problem they are having when connecting a big screen TV with their device which is the error message ‘No HDMI Audio Device is Detected‘ that appears on their Windows 10 PC screen. If you are also facing a similar issue on your PC, then follow these easy solutions to solve the problem quickly.
Here are some ways to solve No HDMI Audio Device is Detected in Windows 10, hopefully one of the tips below can help you fix this problem.
1. Reconnect your TV
Follow these steps to reconnect the connection and check further.
- First, shut down your computer.
- After that, unplug all cables from the power source.
- Turn off the power supply.
- Turn off the TV. Next, unplug the TV from your computer.
- Then, reconnect the monitor. TURN ON your TV.
- Connect PC or turn on your Power Supply Unit.
- Now, turn on your PC.
- The display port will start working again.
If the steps mentioned above don’t solve the problem, consider trying the monitor on a different computer.
2. Update Sound Card
Updating the sound card that you are using can usually fix the No HDMI Audio Device is Detected problem. Follow these steps to Update the sound card:
- Press the button Windows + R.
After that in the run window, type ” devmgmt.msc ” and click ”
When Device Manager opens, expand it and search for ”
Sound, video and game controller “.
After that, right click on the audio device and click ”
Driver updates “.
- After that, click ” Search automatically for drivers “.
This will install the latest audio drivers on your computer. Your computer must be connected to the internet in order to install the latest audio drivers on your PC.
3. Set HDMI device to default
- Right click on the Windows icon and click ” Run “.
- Type ” mmsys.cpl ” in the run box and click ” OK “.
- Once the Sound window opens, go to the tab ” Playback “.
After that, right click on the HDMI audio device and click ”
Set as default device “.
This will set the device as the default audio driver on your computer. If you can’t see the HDMI Audio device in the Sound pane, follow these steps:
open Sound panel, right click and check the option ” Show Disabled Devices ” and ”
Show Disconnected Devices “.
4. Restart Windows Audio service
Try restarting Windows Audio service on your computer with below steps:
- Type ” Service ” in the search box.
- After that, click ” Services ” in the search results.
- When the service opens, look for ” Windows Audio “.
- Right click Windows Audio and click ” Restart “.
- After you restart Windows Audio service, close the Service window.
Double check the HDMI connection to the TV and see if this issue is resolved.
5. Rollback Graphics Driver
- Press the button Windows + X .
- After that, click ” Device Manager “.
- When Device Manager opens, expand it and search for ” Display adapters “.
- After that, double click on NVIDIA graphics driver. (If the driver is NVIDIA)
- Here, click on the tab ” Driver “.
- When the Properties window appears, click ” Rollback driver “.
Drivers will be rolled back very easily.
6. Adjust TV sound settings
You may need to adjust the sound settings of your TV from the TV settings. Here are the steps:
- Connect your TV screen with an HDMI cable to the computer.
- Then, go to ” Menu > Settings > Audio “.
- In Audio settings, set ‘Audio’ setting to ” HDMI “.
Or try changing ‘Dolby Volume Mode‘ to ” Off ” and ‘Audio Range‘ Among wide and Narrow. Now see if this problem is solved or not.
7. Enable Audio Controllers
High Definition Audio Controllers are usually associated with HDMI Audio devices. Try enabling it with the steps below:
- Press Windows key along with the button ” X “.
- Click on ” Device Manager “.
- Now click ” View “.
- Then, click ” Show hidden devices “.
- Then, click on ” System devices ” to expand it.
- Search “High Definition Audio Device You may see some High Definition Audio devices in the list.
- Right click on the first sequence and click ” Enable Device “.
Following the same process, enable another High Definition Audio Controller. This will enable the Audio controller on your device. Try using HDMI audio again and check.
8. Run Audio Troubleshooter
If the above doesn’t work, try running the Audio Troubleshooter. Here are the steps:
- Press the button Windows + R.
To access the Troubleshooter settings, write this code:
ms-settings:troubleshoot, and press Enter.
- Once the troubleshooter window appears on your screen, on the right side, click on ” Additional troubleshooters “.
In the list of troubleshooters, scroll down and click ”
Playing Audio “.
- After that, click ” Run the troubleshooter “.
Also read: How to Activate HDMI-CEC TV (Smart And Non-Smart)
Now Windows will detect and fix audio problems on your computer. Thus overcoming No HDMI Audio Device is Detected in Windows 10. Hopefully this tutorial is useful for you. Thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share it with your friends too.