Audio in Windows 11 can be easily recorded. Recording voice is easy to do with Windows’ built-in Voice Recorder app, and you don’t need to use third-party apps to do it.
Voice Recorder app in Windows 11 comes with various features so that you don’t need to download any third party app to record audio. If you want to know how to record audio in Windows 11 using this Voice Recorder, read this article till the end.
Also read: How to Record Screen in Windows 11
This article will explain how to record voice in Windows 11 using Windows’ built-in Voice Recorder app. To record audio in Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
Download Windows 11 Default Voice Recorder Application
Voice Recorder app is a default Windows 11 app. But if you accidentally or for some reason you uninstall the app, you have to download it again from Microsoft Store.
1. To download voice recorder app on your Windows 11 PC, go to Microsoft Store and search Windows Voice Record.
2. Open Windows Voice Recorder then click button install/get.
3. Wait for a while until the application is installed on your PC.
How to Record Sound in Windows 11
Now that you have downloaded and installed the Voice Recorder app on your PC, you can follow the steps given below to record audio using the voice recorder app.
1. First select microphone which you will use to record audio. Choose whether you will use the laptop microphone or any external microphone to record audio.
2. Open Settings your PC. Then open the tab sound in the left sidebar. Under section input, you will see options Microphone. From here, you can add a Microphone and set it as the default for recording audio.
3. Now open the voice recorder app on your PC.
4. In the voice recorder app, click on the button Records to record audio. You can also press the key combination Ctrl+R to start recording.
5. After that, the recording will start. You can press the button Pause to pause recording. Continue recording whenever you want, and the audio will be recorded in the same file. You will also have the option to stop the recording by clicking the button flag.
6. After you stop the recording, you can play it from the app, or you can access it from the folder Sound recordings in the folder documents which you can access from file explorer.
Trimming Voice Recordings in Windows 11
Voice Recorder is not just for recording audio in Windows 11. Apart from recording audio, you can even trim the audio that you have recorded. Voice Recorder app makes it easy for you to trim audio that you have recorded using this app.
To trim/trim recorded audio on Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
1. In the voice recorder app, select recording which you want to cut from the left pane.
2. Now you will see options audio trim. Click on it.
3. Now drag pin to select the part of the audio that you want to cut.
4. After you select the part you want to cut, click on save. This will save the trimmed audio version.
You can also share audio recordings directly from the app. The process is made easier with Voice Recorder app as it allows you to share the audio recording to any social media or via email.
Follow the given steps to share audio recording using voice recorder app:
1. Open the voice recorder application, then select recording which you want to share.
2. Click button Share which you will find at the bottom of the screen.
3. After clicking share option, choose social media which you want to share the audio file.
You can share the audio file on social media or to any email by following the above steps.
That’s how to record audio on a Windows 11 PC. The process is quite easy with the Windows Voice Recorder app. There are various third party apps as well for voice recording in Windows 11. You can choose to use them if you don’t want to use Windows Voice Recorder app.
That’s the tutorial on how to record voice in Windows 11 using the Windows Voice Recorder application. I hope this article helped you! Thank you for visiting and don’t forget if you find this article useful, please share it with your friends too.