Here’s a guide on how to solve the 0x800700AA error on the Microsoft Store. Even though Windows is the most used OS all over the world, it has its problems and the problem comes from the OS itself. Microsoft Store error code 0x800700AA is one of them.
This error code 0x800700AA appears usually due to a bad Internet connection or a corrupted cache. If you have encountered this problem recently, read what troubleshooting steps you should follow to fix this problem.
Also read: How to Overcome DISM The source files could not be found in Windows 10
Error code 0x800700AA is a Microsoft Store (Windows Store) error code. The cause of this error code 0x800700aa could be due to corrupted system files or misconfigured system files or malware. Some of the messages that users receive this error are:
- There was an unexpected error in the property page: The requested resource is in use. (0x800700AA). Please close the property page and try again.
- Something happened this app couldn’t be installed. Please try again later. Error Code 0x800700AA.
To solve this error code 0x800700AA on Microsoft Store, you can follow any of the troubleshooting ways given below.
- Delete the contents of the DataStore folder.
- Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.
- Change DNS Server.
1. Delete the contents of the DataStore folder
The DataStore folder in Windows 10 stores temporary files and LOG files related to Windows updates and Update history. In some occasions, the folder may fail to sync and stop Windows Update from applying new updates to your PC. Then, it may be necessary to delete all the files that are under the DataStore folder and try updating them again.
open Windows Services Manager and stop Windows Update service. After that, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer using hotkey Win + E.
- In the address bar, type or copy this text %windir%SoftwareDistributionDataStore
- Press Enter to open the DataStore folder
- Select all files and folders in the DataStore folder
- Delete all files by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
Now restart Windows Update service again using Windows Services Manager and then try running Windows Update again.
Also read: How to Overcome Access Denied in Windows 10 When Installing Apps
2. Reset Microsoft Store via Settings
If the location of the temporary Internet files has changed, you may see this error when trying to open certain applications. In such a case, you have to reset the Microsoft Store app. You can do it via Windows Settings.
3. Change DNS Server
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet info.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adapter Settings from the left pane.
- When the Network Connections window opens, right-click on your network and select Properties.
- Check the circle on Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Type 126.96.36.199 under Preferred DNS Server and 188.8.131.52 under Alternate DNS Server and hit OK button.
Try rebooting your PC and see if the problem is resolved.
Also read: How to Overcome “No Internet, secured” on Windows 10 (PC/Laptop)
That’s the tutorial on how to solve the 0x800700AA error on the Microsoft Store. Hopefully this article is useful for you, thank you for visiting and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.