Google Camera is a camera app for Google Pixel phones. It has official support for advanced features like Astrophotography and several others. Now, the company is rolling out a new update to one of the most popular MODs in the Gcam community – UltraCVM which offers HDR+ mode, Astrophotography as well as various controls to improve image quality.
Pixel smartphones are known for their superior cameras that capture great photos without any sophisticated hardware. In fact, the secret to the Pixel phone’s greatness lies within the Google Camera or Gcam app, which offers better HDR image processing and nightscape mode.
For those who don’t know, Gcam is a ported version of Google’s camera app that offers features like HDR+ and Astrophotography. Thanks to Gcam, Pixel smartphones produce better pictures than other handsets.
So, Gcam is a modded version of the Google Camera app that you see on Pixel smartphones. Gcam Mod brings some Pixel-specific camera features to other Android smartphones. There are several variants of Gcam available on the web, some are aimed at multiple Android devices, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone.
According to the XDA Forums, “UltraCVM is an ongoing project to build a Gcam that will meet the needs of extreme imaging tools aimed at exceptional quality for most of the latest sensors used in flagship devices. Based on the respective and known developers, maintain and expand their features“.
Compared to other Gcam mods, UltraCVM Mod brings a new interface and some advanced features. The new Gcam mod will help professional mobile photographers to take more amazing photos with their smartphones. Gcam Mod (UltraCam V5.1) is a complete rework on the base of GCAM 7.3.
Below are the basic features of GCam 7.3 MOD:
- Automatic DND mode when using video recording.
- UI settings reset.
- Can record video at 24 frames per second.
- Exposure control to adjust brightness and HDR of your photo.
- Astrophotography applied to Night Sight.
- Receive Frequent Faces to help you take Top Shot photos.
- Touch and Hold the shortcut on the shutter button to take the Best Photos photo.
- Recalculate black level S5K3l6
- Added imx471 & imx689 noise noise models
- Set imx363 noise model as default for unsupported devices
- Further DR experiments
- Experiment more details
- Added multiple radius variance denoisers & advanced alignment denoisers
- Added the awb redpoint setting to the patcher: You can now try to compensate for the pink/purple tint on the Samsung sensor by slightly inverting the colors
Beautiful UI: This mod brings a major design overhaul compared to the standard Gcam which offers lots of features and intuitive settings.
Manual setting: Ultra CVM 5 features controls for adjusting shutter speed, exposure, ISO and Focus.
Also read: How to Change the Shutter Speed of Android Camera
Support for RAW: Users can select lossless RAW mode to retain all the details of the shot.
Xiaomi API2 camera and AI key support: Allows Xiaomi device owners to customize certain manual controls on the camera
Astrophotography: This one made a splash with the introduction of the Pixel 4 series last year. This mode allows the camera to take shots of celestial objects, such as stars in darker circumstances.
Below is a list of GCam (UltraCam 5.1) compatible devices:
- OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro
- OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Pocophone F1
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro
- Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K20 and K20 Pro)
- Redmi K30 aka Poco X2
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10 e Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy Note 10 e Note 10+
- Moto X4
- Moto G6 and G7 Series
- LG V20, LG V30
- LG G8, LG G7, LG G6
You can also try it on your Android 9+ smartphone. Some features may be available for all devices while others are not.
It is very easy to download and install this new mod (UltraCam 5.1) like other GCam mods, it also supports XML configuration. Before trying to install the mod, you should make sure that you have support for camera2 API on your smartphone. There are many solutions on Google Play Store to test your camera2 API capabilities. You can download GCam (UltraCam 5.1) from below informasi:
UltraVCM 5.1 MOD
To download and install this APK, you need to follow these steps:
- Download the provided APK (Click Save As)
- Select it and Install (You will be prompted with a request to allow installation of apps from external sources, don’t worry the app is safe).
- Open Google Camera (Once the icon appears in your launcher)
For older Android versions, you can try and download Gcam 7.2, 7.1, or any mod compatible with your version.
Also read: How to Download and Install Google Camera for Realme C11 (Best GCam 7.4)
Now, you can enjoy this mod including Astrophotography feature and 24FPS recording mode on your Android device.