The advantage of turning off windows update services is that it saves data, especially for users with limited connections.
Moreover, sometimes it is also troubling if Windows Update runs when you want to turn off the computer, while updating windows.
Wow, if you suddenly update like this, it’s a hassle. Here I will explain how to disable windows updates for the Windows 7 Operating System.
How to Disable Windows Update in Windows 7
1. Press the windows logo key on the keyboard. Or click the windows logo at the bottom left of the screen
2. Type “services” without the quotes. Then usually there will be 4 programs that will appear. Select Services with gear logo
3. Scroll down, look for the service named “Windows Update”
5. Right click on windows update, select properties
In the general tab, there is a startup type option. Usually the default option is automatic (delayed start).
Change from “automatic (delayed start)” be an option “disabled”
Then to the Service status option. Usually the default option is started, click the stop button. Make sure the properties menu looks like this:
6. If it is like that, then click Apply and then click OK
7. Then Restart the computer
How to reactivate Windows Update
Want to reactivate Windows Update with a specific purpose? Well here I will explain how to reactivate Windows Update.
Repeat points 1 to 4 above, then:
1. In the general tab, there is a startup type option. Usually the choice when the wuauserv service (Windows Update) is off is disabled. Change from disabled to automatic (delayed start). Then click apply first before continuing
2. Then select Service status. Usually the option when the Windows Update service is off is stopped. Click the start button in the Service status option. Make sure the properties menu looks like this: