Windows 10 is without a doubt the most popular operating system designed to make troubleshooting easy for its users. It provides detailed hardware and software functions and also helps in managing the wireless connection of the system. Wi-Fi Network Adapter Report is a feature of the Windows 10 operating system that provides detailed, step-by-step information about the functions of wireless devices connected to your computer. One of the most commonly used wireless networks on our system is Wi-Fi, therefore today I will describe the process of creating a Wi-Fi Network Adapter Report in Windows 10.
The Network Adapter Report is useful in many cases such as troubleshooting by specifying errors, the duration of a session and the output of commands given at the command prompt. The report also provides details about the network adapter used for wireless processing by the computer system. In this article, we will see how to create a Wi-Fi Network Adapter Report in Windows 10. So, let’s look at the next section.
How to Create a Wi-Fi Network Adapter Report
Network Adapter Report is usually used to fix errors in internet connectivity. This helps the user in determining errors that occur in the system because the adapter cannot send commands to connect to the internet. Errors can sometimes also occur due to incorrect input in the command prompt window which can damage the adapter’s functionality. In this scenario, you may want to troubleshoot the wireless network to the access point. So, follow the suggestions below to create a Wi-Fi Network Adapter Report with detailed information.
Let’s learn the steps in detail.
- You can access the Network adapter Report by running a simple command line at the computer’s system command prompt. Therefore, follow the steps below.
- You must first open Command Prompt with admin rights. For that, press Win + R, then type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- If User Account Control (UAC) appears on the screen asking for your permission, click the Yes button to continue.
- Once the command prompt window appears on your screen, enter command below and press Enter to create a Wireless Adapter Report.
netsh wlan show wlanreport
- Now, to view the generated wireless adapter report, enter command below and press Enter.
- Then select browser you and click OK.
The report will then open in your default browser or browser of choice and will show all the details such as connectivity status, connection time, errors that occurred, details about network adapters and success & failure status of a session. It will be very detailed reports and graphs to help users reach every point of Wi-Fi functionality. That way you can create a Wi-Fi network adapter report on your Windows 10 device.
So this article, hopefully it will help you create a Wi-Fi Network Adapter Report on Windows 10. Don’t forget to leave your comments below to share your thoughts and experiences in following this article. Thank you and GBU. UNITED AGAINST COVID-19!!