Windows 11 will be released before the end of this year and although some features have been removed, some new features have been added. Microsoft gives you a new task menu, widget window, search field and UI options with the recently launched Windows 11 OS. Along with the changes, the taskbar is placed centrally at the bottom, unlike the old version. While it doesn’t provide an option to resize the taskbar, the process can be done using the registry to resize it. This time the taskbar only has three resizing options such as small, default and large. This article will guide you on how to resize the taskbar in Windows 11.
The position of the taskbar cannot be changed, this is a limitation for those who like to change it as per convenience. However, the new positions and styles have given a new look to the taskbar in Windows OS. Along with resizing limitations, Windows 11 has limited more functionality in the very recent version.
Before you proceed to the steps, make sure you have backed up the Windows Registry or created a system restore point for your PC. That’s because modifying the registry is risky and can cause permanent damage to your computer if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Resizing the Taskbar in Windows 11
If you wish to resize the taskbar on your Windows 11 PC, you can do so using a registry tweak. To change it, follow these steps.
- To get started, first open the Registry Editor. For this, you can search regedit use the Search box on the Taskbar and click on Registry Editor from the search results. Or press the button Win + R, then type regedit and press Enter.
- If the UAC prompt appears on the screen, click the button Yes to continue.
- Once you are in the Registry Editor window, browse the following path below this.
- Here, create a new DWORD. To do so, right click on key Advanced in the left pane or right click empty space in the right pane, then select New – DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it with TaskbarSi.
- Next double click on DWORD TaskbarSi, then change the value data from 0 (zero) becomes 2 to change the size of the taskbar icons.
- You can set value data 0 (zero) for small size.
- If you prefer taskbar size default, set the value data to 1.
- For taskbar sizes that are bigger, you need to set the value data to 2.
- After you make changes, click the button OK to save your settings.
- Then close the registry editor window and restart your computer.
When you log back into your system, you will see the size of your taskbar change according to your preferred preferences.
If you want, you can revert your taskbar changes to their original size. To do so, open the registry editor as above and browse the following path below.
Here, go to the right pane of the Registry Editor window, then delete DWORD TaskbarSi and you are done.
This way you can resize the Windows 11 taskbar whose option is not available in your Windows 11 Settings app.
Hope it helps you. Keep an eye on this blog so that you can get the best tips and tutorials in overcoming various problems on your Windows system. Don’t forget to leave your comments below to share your thoughts and experiences in following this tutorial. Thank you and GBU. UNITED AGAINST COVID-19!!