Even though Windows 11 or Windows 10 displays 24-hour format on the lock screen, you can change it to 12-hour format using this step-by-step tutorial. It is possible to change the clock format on the lock screen in Windows 11 or Windows 10 using Windows Settings and Control Panel.
How to Change Lock Screen Clock Format on Windows 10/11
There are several ways to customize the lock screen. The Lock Screen displays a variety of things, including the clock, so you can check the time right after turning on your PC. Depending on the setting, it may display a 24-hour or 12-hour format. Some people prefer to get time like 20:24 while some people want to get time like 20:24. If the clock on the lock screen doesn’t show the time you want, then you can change it using this tutorial.
There are two ways to solve this, namely using Windows Settings and using the Control Panel. However, both methods will also change the time format on the Taskbar.
1. Change Lock Screen Clock Format Using Control Panel
To change the clock format on the lock screen in Windows 11 or Windows 10 using the Control Panel, follow the steps below.
- open Control Panel by pressing the button Win + R, then type control and press Enter.
- In the Control Panel window, set View by to Large/Small icons and select Region.
- In the Region window, in options long time, choose HH:mm:ss tt or h:mm tt if you want to set it as 12 hour format. Or, you can choose HH:mm:ss tt or H:mm tt to set it as 24-hour format.
- After selecting it, click Apply.
- Next, switch to tab Administrative and click Copy settings.
- On this page, give a checklist on the box Welcome screen and system accounts and click OK to save your settings.
- Now close all windows and restart your computer to get the changes.
As mentioned earlier, you can do the same thing using Windows Settings. However, you must open the Region settings window, switch to the Administrative tab, and follow the same steps as mentioned in the first guide. In other words, Windows Settings lets you change the time format, but doesn’t change the time format on the lock screen directly. For that, you have to take the help of the Region settings window.
2. Change Lock Screen Clock Format Using Windows Settings
To change the clock format on the lock screen in Windows 11 or Windows 10 using Windows Settings, follow the steps below.
- To get started, press Win + I to open Windows Settings on your computer, both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- After that in the Settings window, on Windows 10, choose Time & language and then click Region in the left pane.
- Next in the right panel, in the Regional data format, click Change data formats.
- On the next page, change long time to one of the time formats you want.
- On Windows 11, click Time & language in the left pane and click Languages & regions in the right pane.
- Next, click Regional format and click Change formats.
- Now, change long time using the drop-down menu next to it. You can find two time formats in the list.
- Once you are done with setting the time format in either Windows 10 or Windows 11, you should then open the Region settings window and make the necessary changes, as mentioned in the previous method.
So many tutorials this time. Hopefully it will be useful and help you in changing the lock screen clock format on your Windows 10 or Windows 11. Don’t forget to leave your comments below to share your thoughts and experiences in following this tutorial. Thank you and GBU. UNITED AGAINST COVID-19!!