Using the Google Play Store is quite simple: you open it, search for the app you want to download, and install it on your device. That’s all there is.
But what happens if you move to another country? You will need access to the correct version of the Play Store for billing information. And Google Play features different apps for different regions, which can sometimes allow or block access to certain apps.
Whether you’ve recently moved or want to try to access a different region’s Play Store (which comes with a big warning), here’s how to change your country settings on Google Play.
How to Change Country on Google Play Store
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Swipe out the left menu and select Account.
- If you have access to the country switch option, you will see a Country and profile entry in this menu.
- Tap this Country category, and select your new country. Proceed through confirmation to add a new payment method for your current country, if necessary.
- Review the warning prompts and accept the changes. Once you’ve moved countries, you can now browse the Play Store for that region. Changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
This option will not appear for everyone. It only appears if you were previously in a different country than you are now (by IP address). This means you can’t just move the Play Store to any country you like.
If you use Google Play’s Family Library feature, you won’t see the option to change your Play Store region either.
Warning When You Change Google Play Store Country
When you change the Play Store location, you should be aware of some important points.
First, you can’t use your old payment method. You should use the one from your new country. After exchanging, you also cannot spend your Google Play balance from the old country. That includes any gift cards you added but haven’t spent, as well as credits earned from Google Opinion Rewards.
Also, you can only change the Play Store country once a year. You can visit the same menu again to change back to your old country after this time period.
Because of all this, we recommend changing countries in the Play Store only if you have actually moved countries and plan to stay for at least a year. While you may be able to get around this by using a VPN, it’s not worth it just to gain access to a few different apps. You’ll be locked into the Play Store outside of your region for some time, which is really annoying.
Thanks For Visit